Huck Norris’s mission is to eliminate the fear of wheel and tyre damage. We aim to put the mountain bikers mind at ease so that you can concentrate on your riding and not worry that your tYre will get punctured or your carbon rim might get destroyed. Thank science there is a cure! Say hello to Huck Norris.
COMING IN JULY 2020!
MegaNorris is the new lineup from us, the first modern insert manufacturer in the world. Meganorris has a new shape that protects the rim and the tire better than ever. On sandwich and hamburger models there is a new black hard density compound that is more resistant for big impacts and shares the impact to a wider area of the lower density foam. This means that you can ride harder and huck longer.
Here’s how the layer system works
- Toast – XC, Trail and Enduro front ~120g
- Sandwich – Enduro and Trail rear ~200g
- Hamburger – E-MTB and DH ~250g
You can also make your personal mix. All inserts are sold for every mountain bike wheel, rim, and tire size options
Huck Norris is undefeated in every way. There are three general scenarios where you need our wheel- and tire protection system:
- Rocks, roots, and riding in harsh conditions: Use Huck Norris to make more damping between the ground and the wheel. This helps you to make the rims last longer and save money.
- Trail or running light tires: You are going for a long ride and want to get rid of excess friction or you want to make up time in the competition by using lighter tires. For example, in enduro ride, you can use around 200g lighter tires with Huck Norris and get better damage resistance.
- Race: Everything above plus you can save your run by running flat and without destroying your wheel. This is very important in Enduro races where you get a penalty if the wheel is replaced. Huck Norris is a closed-cell foam insert which floats inside your tubeless bicycle tire and prevents damage to rims and tires. The shape is developed with professional athletes and experienced mountain bikers. The benefits of HuckNorris are low weight (~80g) and low friction (~0.3W).
How does using Huck Norris prevent tire damage
Huck Norris is a patent-pending system that helps to prevent pinch flats and rim damage. The insert sits inside your tire providing the same riding characteristics as you would ride without an insert. No bulky feel or unwanted characteristics. Easy to install and no need for special valves.
- Tire puncture protection – Ultimate pinch flat protection with the hamburger version
- Rim protection – the insert spreads the impact to wider area and fills the rim center
- Easy tubeless installation – Faster than a tube system. No tools needed
- Sidewall support – the insert sits between the rim beads but allows the tire roll when needed
- Extra damping – especially the sandwich and hamburger will smoothen your ride
- “Ladder design” prevents center impacts but keeps the system weight reasonable
- Closed-cell foam does not absorb the sealant – 60ml sealant is enough for each wheel
- 26″, 27.5″ and 29″ from the same package – User just cuts down to the preferred size
- No special valves needed
Instead of “ding”, you will hear “thump”. Pole Enduro Race team has not punctured at the season 2019 riding with the Sandwich MegaNorris
All Huck Norris products are Made in Finland. Huck Norris tire insert is Patent Pending.
Choose the right Huck Norris for you by measuring the internal width of your rim and using the chart below to make sure you get the right one. If you need any extra help or advice please send us an e-mail
The all-new MegaNorris™
|Recommended internal rim width||Recommended tire size||Weight 29″|
(1.34 – 1.57 inch)
|26″ / 29″ / 27.5″ 2.5-2.8″ tyre||Toast 141g|
|55mm||28-34mm (1.1 – 1.34 inch)||26″ / 29″ / 27.5″ 2.3-2.5″ tyre||Toast 125g|
The Standard Huck Norris
|Recommended internal rim width||Recommended tire size||Recommended use||Weight 27.5″|
|S||21-26mm (0.82 – 1.1 inch)||26″ / 29″ / 27.5″ 2.1-2.4″ tyre||XC, Trail, Enduro||~75g|
|M||25-35mm (1.06 – 1.38 inch)||26″ / 29″ / 27.5″ 2.25-2.5″ tyre||Trail, Enduro||~80g|
|L||34-45mm (1.34 – 1.77 inch)||26″+ / 29″+ / 27.5″+ 2.5-2.8″ tyre||E-bike, Enduro||~85g|
|FAT||76-90mm (3 – 3.54 inch)||26″ Fat 4-5″ tyre||XC, Trail||~134g|
|E||30-40mm (1.18 – 1.57 inch)||26″+ / 29″+ / 27,5″+, 2.5-2.8″ tyre|| E-Bike, Enduro||~110g|
MegaNorris™ coming in hot in 2020!
Features of Huck Norris
MegaNorris™ coming in hot in 2020!
How to assemble a Huck Norris tire insert
Ok, did you guys just make it out of camping mattress?
No, not this version. During the past 4 years, we have made prototypes from just about all the things that are light and can absorb impacts energy well. Fortunately one of us has material scientist as a neighbour, and through him, we got to develop material that is optimised to dampen impacts in force just below what light sidewall protected (read: Exo, Snakeskin, etc.) tyres can survive. So that Huck Norris will absorb as much energy from the impact as it can, and then cells in Huck Norris will break if the impact is hard enough, almost always still saving the tyre and rim. If it would be any harder material you could puncture your tyre before breaking the cells of Huck Norris.
We are looking into making it in more lively colour than this Shady Grey so that people can start asking whether we made it out of kids beach toys.
It’s really simple if you want more protection from pinch flats in your tubeless setup, you “can” add material to sidewalls of the tyre, but that stiffens the casing and results in significantly more rolling resistance. We added the material inside the tyre, so that it has no impact on rolling resistance, and material is exactly where it needs to be to dampen hard impacts to the tyre, making it light, simple and efficient.
We are all racing MTB’s ourselves. We have tried all current commercial solutions available and ghetto tubeless. We were not happy, and this is the best we could come up with. Ghetto tubeless works, but is a major pain to install. Other commercial solutions are over-engineered, heavy, expensive and require rim modifications or weaken the rim too much.
Will it soak in the sealant?
The material will take 2% of the sealant into itself. In other words; No.
Over time, when cells inside Huck Norris break from hard impacts it takes little bit more sealant, but nothing significant.
Is it directional?
The simple answer is no, fit it whatever direction you want.
How does tire width influence the correct size?
If you run something like 21-24mm rim, you are ok with 2.5” size tyre for the size S, but if you are on the 25mm rim, and on 2.5” tyre, you are risking that Huck Norris won’t be in the right place during impact for the size S and you should choose size M instead. If you are between sizes and in doubt use the bigger size.
What is the lifespan of Huck Norris?
If you are a regular trail rider you should get a riding season out of your Huck Norris. If you are a rider that likes very rough terrain and races hard you might get a shorter lifespan from your Huck Norris, if this is the case then check for excessive wear and replace if needed.
My Huck Norris makes noise?
Your Huck Norris can move around slightly in the tyre hence the noise. If the noise bothers you, you can shorten the Huck Norris by 2cm’s (about 3/4 inch) so that it fits snuggly against the rim. Shortening the Huck Norris may make it harder to install the tyre.
If you would like to get in contact with Huck Norris please drop kick us and email to; [email protected]
For customer, dealer and distribution requests, please contact [email protected]